Most plus size women feel apprehensive about buying skirts. However, skirts happen to be the best friend of a plus size woman. Skirts glide over your heavier lower part and hence give you a shapely silhouette. Skirts are versatile pieces and hence can work well for a casual outing as well as a formal setting. However, you should follow a few tips when buying #PlusSizeSkirts so that you can get the best piece-
- Darker colours are your best friend when it comes to #BuyingPlusSizeSkirts. Darker colours help you to look toned down and slimmer. However, you do not have to stick to the same old black. You can opt for blood red, dark green and even royal blue.
- A- line skirts are you best bet when it comes to choosing skirts. A-line skirts sit comfortably and then glide along your length. It is neither too tight to hint at your flabby parts or too big to make you look encased in a cloak. A-line skirts are very versatile and you can choose between mini, midi, knee length or even maxi length A-line skirts for your #PlusSizeBody.
- Pencil skirts are the favourite of any woman. Who said that #PlusSizeWomen cannot wear pencil skirts? You can easily go for the peplum pencil skirts. Peplum pencils help to conceal your stomach and just focus on silhouetting the lower part of your body. You can also go for a regular pencil skirt when you pair it up with a hip length top or skirt.
- Tulip skirts are very fashionable nowadays. They are perfect for women who have plus size bodies. An upturned tulip skirt brings focus to the lower part of your body and attracts attention on your legs. Thus it hides your hip and thigh fat very effectively.
- Never wear a skirt which is too big for you. It will just add a few more pounds to your body and will look extremely unflattering. Same goes for skirts with a lot of frills and layers.
- Asymmetrical skirts are custom made for women with heavier body. Asymmetrical cut brings focus to your legs and calves and diverts attention from your hips and stomach. If you have too much fat on your stomach then it is better to opt for high waist skirts. They effectively hide the extra flab and give shape to your body.